Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wanna split the deck?

12/28/11


Daniel Reinard is hosting a grip comp in February in California and part of the medley is card tearing.  Since I've never tried it before I decided it was time to start training for it so I bought a bunch of cheap dollar store decks.  I didn't think I'd get through a full deck first try but figured I'd give it a shot...jokers and all.  I was surprised how easy it actually was.  Probably the toughest part was keeping them from slipping all over the place once I started the tear.  In this video I actually end up just twisting the final part but the first time I did it it was an actual tear.  I don't really have any technique, just grip and rip but it'll get cleaner as I practice it more.  Anyway, here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PsliUh5yS0

No comments:

Post a Comment