Monday, December 12, 2011

Axle OH Press and grippers

12/12/11


I'm pretty happy with this workout today.  It was cold and rainy so I wasn't sure how strong I'd be so I just bundled up in sweats and got to work.  Last week I got 130x13 on OH Press and I'm happy that today I got the same amount of reps with an extra 10#.  It's still a ways from what I've done in the past but it's starting to come back so that's good.  It calculates out to about a 200 lb. max so that's decent and my left shoulder didn't hurt at all so that's even better.  I noticed that my sticking point is when my arms are about parallel to the floor which tells me my triceps are the weak point so I'll be doing a lot of tricep work since no doubt this will also be the weak point when I start benching with weight again.

I also got a little PR on the shoulder shocker by toughing out 11 reps on the last set with the 15 lb. dumbbells.  I never would have thought 15 lbs. would EVER feel heavy but these non-stop circuits are brutal and I always end up with a crazy pump in my shoulders and traps.


Axle Overhead Press-333
65x10
85x5
110x3
125x3
140x13 (200)


Defranco Shoulder Shocker
25 lb. plate, 15 lb. DB's
10,10,11 (PR)


Band Pull-Aparts-green band
50,30,20

Shoulder Dislocations-red band
15,15,15

Grippers
Warm-up
Trainer x10,10
#1.5x10
#2x5

174# 3.5 (1" block set)
Got it down to 1/8" again but my wrist is so sore I couldn't really give it my all.  The set hurt and the squeeze was torture so I think it's time to back off grippers for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment