Saturday, November 12, 2011

Let's get it on!!!

11/12/11

Rich came down from Flagstaff today and we threw down in the Grip Pit for about an hour and a half or so.  I have to give Rich a big thanks for bringing down his 183 lb. CoC 3.5 for me to borrow so that I have a smaller step up from my 174 lb. #3.5!  It was a great time seeing him again and getting some training in...not to mention someone else having a chance to get humiliated by BlobZilla.  My overall grip strength seemed to be down today but it was still a productive workout.  Here's some of the highlights I remember as far as what I did.

-BlobZilla-I was only able to lift it with 37.5 lbs. on the deloader.  The Zilla was being extra stubborn today.
-Grippers-I closed Rich's RB240 N, missed his 3.5, adn closed a couple others that I don't remember what they were.  I also closed a 2.5 display gripper at the Sports Exchange we went to after training.
-45# hub-we both did this a few times and I also got it with an extra 5 lbs. added.  Nothing big here.
-Rolling Thunder-Rich has never tried an actual RT so we started loading up some weight on it.  I think he did 141 and change and I pulled 172 lefty.  At this point my right wrist was starting to hurt so I didn't attempt much righty.  I believe this may be a PR lefty.

A couple hours after Rich left I decided to do a workout so here it is.

Seated Axle OH Press-non back supported
15x10
35x10
55x10
75x10
95x10
I went light on these because I wanted to see how my left shoulder would feel and didn't want to overdo it.  I'm happy to say it felt great with no pain at all during these.

Pullups-narrow grip with Fatgripz (20 reps total)
4,3,3,3,3,2,2
I suck at pullups so with these low rep sets I decided to start with a total of 20 and each time I'll increase the total rep count by 5 until I get to 50 total.  I only rested a few seconds between sets.

Defranco Shoulder Shocker-25 lb. plate, 12.5 lb. dumbbells
10,10,12
I'm going very light on these as well due to the shoulder but again, there was no pain so that's good.

Rear band pull aparts-red band
50,50-I only rested about 10 seconds between sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment