Sunday, November 13, 2011

Highway to Heaving

11/13/11

I can't think of a better or more fitting title for today's workout.  Let's just say that some strange things happen to the body when you follow high rep deadlifts with 5 sets of 10 reps of good mornings!  Since my shoulder has been feeling good the last couple days I decided I would give some deadlifts a try since it's been a while since I've done any.  Besides, I've been wanting to pull something somewhat heavy off the floor lately :)  In order to keep the weight down I figured I'd do some 2" axle deads instead...besides thick bar is one of my main grip priorities at this point anyway so why not kill 2 birds with one stone, eh.  I'm also going to start a round or two of 5/3/1 to ease myself back into weight training consistently.  I'll be doing the "triumverate" which is basically the base lift and two accessorie lifts. However, one of the accessory lifts for the time being will be either squats, deads or bench @225 for max reps since on my 40th birthday I want to do each of those @225 for 40 reps.  Today I finally got a baseline for deads@225 and hopefully I'll get the squats baseline later this week.  I'll wait for bench until my shoulder is completely healed, though.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, here's the workout:

2" DO Axle Deadlifts
105x5
155x5
195x5
225x5
255x8-grip started giving out because I sweated all the chalk off my hands at this point

DO Oly bar deadlifts (225 max reps)
20-my conditioning gave out on me here.  Strength wise I was still going strong, same with grip.  I just couldn't breathe anymore.  I'll be hitting conditioning real hard so this shouldn't be a problem much longer.

Good Mornings
45x10
95x10
115x10
135x10
135x10

No comments:

Post a Comment