Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gripper certification displays

Here's an idea I was messing around with for displaying my gripper certifications.  I've had a few people ask how hard the gripper was to close for the different certs so I figured I'd just use a shadow box and put a gripper in it that is about the same strength level as the one used for the cert attempt.  For the Mash Monster 1 cert I have a MM1 replica that feels pretty much identical to the actual cert gripper so that's the one that is in the shadow box with the cert.  I'll do the same with MM2, etc.  For the HOSS certs the CoC grippers I own are all within 1 lb. rgc as the actual cert grippers so this works out pretty well.

My original idea was to use a normal wooden frame with a hook underneath to hang the gripper from but this I think will work better because there's less chance of losing the gripper or it getting separated from the cert.

Here's the Mash Monster level 1 cert display:

Here's the HOSS 3 cert display:

These both actually are in only one shadow box since I only bought one as an experiment but I like how it came out so I'll probably get more for the other certs I have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment