Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Work capacity...who needs it??

1/9/12


This was perhaps one of the most humbling and eye opening workouts of my life.  I started my beginners workout routine today, which I've done in the past and the first week or two is always easy.  Well, not so this time.  I couldn't even finish the workout!  My work capacity is in the toilet after the last year or so of low rep strength training.  I'm going to have to re-evaluate my program and either split it into a push/pull or just spend a month or so working on increasing work capacity.  I'll spend the next day or so working on programming to include conditioning work and GPP.

Anyway, here's the pitiful excuse for a workout:

PL Squats
135x8
225x8
275x8
275x2-completely gassed out and couldn't keep form

Incline Bench
95x8
135x8
155x8
155x8-these felt real good/light and my shoulders gave no problems at all

Deadlift
135x5
225x5
315x5
315x5-these weren't any tougher than expected but I was completely gassed by this point and had to take about 10 minutes to recover and finish throwing up before setting up for the next exercise.

Axle Bent-over Rows
65x8
155x8
155x8-
I only did one warm-up set because I was already pretty well warmed up

Axle Overhead Press
65x8
105x8
160x4-I had nothing left in the tank to finish the set or the following set

JM Press
I didn't even set up for this exercise because I couldn't continue the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment