Thursday, January 26, 2012

Grippers...and nothing else

1/23/12


I'm still fighting off this flu and have no energy to speak of so all I've managed lately is grippers while at work.  Here's the left hand gripper I did on Monday and tonight I'll be doing a light explosive workout.

Grippers-left only
Warm-up
Trainer x20
#1.5x10
GHP5x5
GHP6x1

GHP7 (MMS)
1-easy close so I started doing 20mm block set reps to increase difficulty a little

GHP7 (20mm block set)
5x1-all 5 were closes!!
The first 2 attempts were handle grinders but the last couple were fairly tough so I'll stick with 20mm for the next heavy workout I do with this gripper before stepping up to the 25mm/1" block set.

2 comments:

  1. I got the GHP 5 and 6 yesterday. Love them. The spread is a bit wider than my CoCs and Heavy Grips. So the set is tougher for my small hands. I am going to try to master the 5.

    I currently have a CoC T (loaned out), a CoC 1, a choked HG 250 and the GHPs. I can barely close the 5. Any training suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would keep working with the 5 to dominate it and once a week do a workout with the 6 where you close it as far as you can then assist it the rest of the way closed with the other hand.

    ReplyDelete