Thursday, October 20, 2011

Strength goals for my 40th birthday

I'm 38 right now and my birthday is in June so I have just over a year and a half until I turn 40.  I have some strength goals: both 1 rep and 40 reps, that I want to achieve BY and get on video ON my 40th birthday.  The only issue I see is possibly bench due to current shoulder issues but if I can keep that at bay I think I can make all these goals.


1 rep goals
-squat 400
-bench 400
-axle deadlift 400
 -#4 MMS close
-lift 65 lb. BlobZilla (half of a 130 lb. York Legacy dumbell)
-bend a red nail reverse in IMP's


40 rep goals
-squat bw x40
-bench bw x40
-deadlift bw x40
-#2.5 MMSx40 and/or #2 CCSx40
-double blob farmers walk 40 feet
-bend 40x60D nails reverse in IMP's


It says body weight on the reps goals because whatever my body weight is I'll round up to the nearest 5 lbs. and use that.  I'll be using 225 lbs. for training because I'll weigh that much at the most and most likely a bit less.  The reason I chose 40 reps is because I'll be 40 years old :)


I'll get baselines on all these over the next couple weeks and post them up here.  Bench might take a while depending on how the shoulder feels.  I'll also update here on progress for all these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment