Friday, October 28, 2011

5 PR's in one workout!

10/27/11


Today was a great training day!  I set 5 PR's, all in different events.  I was a bit surprised with how strong I ended up being today because when I woke up my hands were real tight and a bit sore but once I got into warm-ups they started feeling good and strong.

6 dimes pinch (pinned)
full lift righty-PR, hop lefty
I decided today to take the 5 lb. plate out of my 6 dimes trainer and add the sixth 10 lb. plate and give it a try.  Happily it came up fairly easily righty!  When I weighed the whole setup with the 6x10's it came in at an even 63 lbs.  I tried to get it on video but the camera battery was dead again.

Grippers
Warmup
Trainer x10
#1.5x10
#2x5
#2.5x1

#3.5 (MMS)
Ground the handles righty, barely missed lefty
8x1 lefty-all misses but some were pretty close

#3.5 (20mm block)
8x1-3 closes righty-PR!


IMTUG5 (ring/pinky)
5x1-all closes both hands
4 reps righty, 3 reps lefty
8 reps righty-PR, 4 reps lefty
Last time I tried to rep this thing I couldn't get more than one rep

1hp (2x35+weight)
no weight added x1 both hands
+2.5x1 both hands
+5x1 both hands
+10x1 both hands
+12.5x1 righty-PR, hop lefty
+15x1-hops both hands
+12.5x1 righty, hop lefty

2x35 hula
Right-one and a half times around before it hit my ghetto ass and I had to put it down
Left-twice around
This was harder than I expected but is a good baseline.

#2.5 (20mm block) reps
21 righty-PR
10 lefty-set was a bit off

#2 (CCS) reps
21 righty
11 lefty-set was off again

I was on a mental high for the rest of the night at work after this workout.  Then on the way home a warning light came on saying there's a problem with my electronic throttle control.  Hopefully it's just a loose connection somewhere which is the case a lot of times with this.  I'll mess with it tomorrow and see if it's just a loose connector.

No comments:

Post a Comment