Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Grippers and wide pinch on 10/24/11

We got home from my wife's family reunion at about 2pm on Monday and I had to be at work at 4pm so I decided to take some grippers and my 6 dimes pinch trainer to work and try to get a decent workout in.  I'm glad I did because I ended up setting PR's on both.

Grippers
Warm-up
Trainer x10
#1.5x10
#2x10

#2.5 (20mm block set) explosive singles with 2 second overcrush
5x1

IMTUG 5 (ring/pinkie)
5x1

Wide pinch (6 dimes training)
6 dimes trainer x2 both hands-full lifts both hands
+2.5 lbs. on finger side x2 both hands-full lifts both hands
+2.5 lbs. on thumb side x8 both hands-missed once lefty, all full lifts righty

6 dimes trainer (hand to hand transfer)
No weight added
Left, right, left, right
I've never tried this before with a wide pinch and I managed to go hand to hand twice before having to set it down. I'm pretty happy with this.


#2.5 (20mm block set) reps
17 reps-PR
This is up from 12 reps previously and was after a workout so fresh I might be able to get 20 which would put me half way to the goal of 40 reps with this thing.


Here's a picture of my 6 dimes pinch trainer.  It's 5x10's with a 5 lb. plate sandwiched in the middle so it simulates the width of 6x10's but is light enough for me to lift.  The side with the 5 lb. plate I put on my finger side so the most weight is on the thumb side which makes it a little tougher.  It's held together with a 2" O. D. pipe and a couple of oly bar collars.  Altogether, the setup with no weight added weighs a hair under 60 lbs.  This picture has 2.5 lbs. added to the thumb side.







No comments:

Post a Comment